Monday 12 September 2011

Covers

Hello People!!!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend?

Mine was good. Went for a wedding (ooh I love weddings) with Tyger and we had a whole lot of fun especially when the live band started playing.

Anyway...Prior to that on Friday I was having a really bad day. I mean the kind of day when your body just doesn't want to do anything, you want to lie in and watch all your favourite tv series (i'm not lazy oh I just like to lie in sometimes *insert what's app not interested smiley*)

Ok back to the gist

Anyway at work I was draggy and all and by the middle of the day I was having a bad headache and was running a temperature and feeling feverish. Before I go further let me let you in on what I do currently and where I work.

Ok I am the personal assistant to a medical Director who runs his own practice on Harley Street. It's a good job but I am believing God for a better job within the legal field. The building where I work in has different consultants in it with their admin staff which includes practice managers,secretaries and PA's. I happen to work in all three capacities (yes I am a very valuable member of this organisation :-)]

Ok back to the story (I digress a lot o). On Friday I just did not feel right. Like I was coming down with something. Lo and behold one of the female Consultant's saw me and said she wanted to see me in her office. I mean Consultant O(this is what I shall call her) took me into a consulting room took my temperature did a check and all and asked me questions and diagnosed some tablets for me. I'm sure you are wondering what the big deal is ba? Let me tell you.

Consultant O is always being talked about as the stiff one. She's not helpful, shes all about the money bla bla and unfortunately I had built this heard persona about her and never really given her a chance to prove otherwise. But her action of friday and the way she was concerned about my well being was very shocking to me and I was disappointed in myself for judging her based on other's opinion without finding out myself. God forgive me.

A lot of us are like me. We see certain people and create covers (I have noticed people don't like to use the word JUDGING. I have chosen to fine tune it so y'all who fall into the category but choose not to accept it will still be caught under this). We hear certain things about people swallow them up and automatically create a cover for the person being labelled. Most times (I admit not all the time) these covers are false.

When the Jews were expecting the Messiah they didn't expect him to come from Nazareth: Oh no Nazareth of all places...imagine hia tufiakwa (Ok kelly remember suppress the drama queen syndrome)

Lo and behold because of His place of birth and the fact that they were expecting more they created a cover for him and chose not to believe he was(and is) the son of God.

After Friday I am learning not to create a cover for anyone. Even if I am told the person is a fraudster or killer I'll try (yes try) not to create a cover for them. Do you know how many relationships or business partnerships or friendships that would have been positive to or beneficial to a lot of us if given a chance? But these opportunities may have been lost due to creating covers. So sad.

Prayer:
'Lord please help me not to create a cover for anyone. Help me to have an open mind that accepts everyone for who they are. If I per chance feel attitudes or characteristics are not pleasing or palatable to me Lord help me not to cast stones but act in a manner that lovingly reflects who you are in me. Amen'


xxx
VirtuousKelly

No comments:

Post a Comment