Tuesday 27 September 2011

Album Review: CeCe Winans Throne Room



Hello People,

How did your weekend go? Mine was full of cooking and wedding planning: Not for me but for my friend True Glam. Don't worry when it's my turn y'all would know(*big grin*)

As part of my new agenda for this blog I would be letting you all in on albums that have blessed me. From the oldies to the newbies (to tell you the truth I know more oldies than newbies. It's like I'm still stuck in the early 90's and the beginning of the new Millenium)

Today's post will be the first of such posts and our Album for today is CeCe Winans Throne Room

I first listened to this album in 2004/2005 although the album was released in September 2003. Prior to this I had listened to the Winans family since I was a kid. I also loved to listen to her and her brother BeBe. However there was something about this particular album that changed my attitude to worship.

Taken from her original biography this is what CeCe had to say:

'Worship is probably my favorite kind of music. For some time, I’ve really felt like God was telling me to record a very special project that would encourage people to worship. As I was completing the new record deal with Epic, I told them, ‘I’ve got to do this worship album before I can do anything else.’ It may make no natural sense to do this record right now in my career, but for the past two years I have had confirmation after confirmation that this is absolutely the right time. I know it’s all in God’s timing, and it’s what He wants me to do right now. If you are a worshipper this project will take you there, and if you’re not it will certainly give you peace.'

I can not begin to tell you how true her words are with regards to encouraging others to worship because this album totally changed my outlook to worship. I have a new found respect/awe for moments whereby I just put the CD in my player or listen to it on my phone anywhere either at home or on the bus or on the train. Wherever I am it feels like I am translated into a purified atmosphere and I am blocked out of the whole drama of life. Trust me I am not exaggerating you need to try it.

For a long time I only had this album on my iPhone but recently I went on a hunt for the CD on Amazon and got it for a good price.

Songs on the album include:

Hallelujah To The King (Intro),Jesus, You're Beautiful(One of my favourites),Throne Room,How Great Thou Art(I heart this hymn),You're So Holy(First few times I heard this track I always used to tear up as in God is truly Holy),Oh Thou Most High (One of the hymns I love. CeCe should be my best friend),By Thy Blood (Worthy is the Lamb),Hallelujah to the King,Thirst For You,Come Fill My Heart (I love this song. It reminds me that I am nothing without God and with Him dwelling on the inside of me I can do anything and be everything He wants me to be),Mercy Said No (Dedicated to Ronald Winans),All In Your Name,No One Else,Hallelujah Praise,Just Like You Jesus and
A Heart Like Yours

16 tracks make up this wonderful album and I am so sure it will bless you. If you are looking to update your gospel collection and you don't have this yet please make this your next purchase. I am sure it will bless you too.

P.S. Don't forget to drop your comments on your experience here.

Enjoy
VirtuousKelly

References:

CeCe Winans official Biography

1 comment:

  1. I beg lady buy one for me, mine has been stolen. Thanks for a reminder,it is indeed a a must and always to be listened to. Bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete