Saturday 15 October 2011

What Praise Can Do

Hello People!!!!!

I apologise for not dropping a post earlier on this week. So many unexpected things came up this week but I thank God cos in all things I am more than a conqueror through Christ who dwells in me. Somebody shout Hallelujah!!!!!

On this glorious Saturday morning I just want to drop a few lines to give you my first hand experience on what PRAISE can do.

I noticed a lot of visitors who come to my blog usually visit my post 'The Importance of Prayer' and I believe it has blessed them so I will give my experience also on praise.

Recently, a lot has been going on around me. There are some prayer requests I have and also partnership prayers that concern me that I pray about as well. Sometimes its hard to get into that zone when you want to really go all deep. In those situations I just tell myself to PRAISE God.

Now most of us (I included) have confused Praise to be that part of the singing, clapping and fast beat phase while worship is the more solemn phase. Due to my experience I beg to differ.

There are times when no song comes to your mind but you remember the goodness of God, His awesome power,His majesty and you begin to Praise Him. You Praising Him is an ACT of Worship in itself. The two are one and the same. It's more than the singing, its more than the clapping. It's more of a lifestyle of always having a reason to appreciate God for what He has done, what he is doing and what He will do. Most times Simply for who He is.

On Tuesday I had an awesome experience. At first the spirit was willing to pray but the flesh was weak because I had a somewhat nasty episode at work. All I wanted to do was follow my usual routine prayer and get it over and done with. Little did I know that God had a different plan for me.

So here I was about to go on my knees but while standing in my little room I just began to sing praises to God. Thinking back on it all those songs had one thing in common: They all had the theme of THANKFULNESS. Now at the time I didn't think of what I was being thankful for considering the fact that I didn't exactly have the best day. However that went on for about 20-25 mins. It came so easy that when I thought I was finally released and got on my knees to get my so called 'worship Phase' started all I could do was minister to God with words. His faithfulness, His kindness, His ability to always show up.

People I am glad I was not released early that night to go ahead with a routine prayer just cos I felt I had to. I am glad I was able to submit to His will and Praise Him the way I did. In Praising Him I worshipped His Majesty and the extent of His love for me.

On Wednesday morning all invigorated after such a powerful night session the day was worse than the last. I am sure you were expecting me to say all will be fine. Nope Worse I tell you. Right until getting home.

But People when you praise and worship God in the midst of your circumstances and you surrender everything to Him: I tell you THINGS HAPPEN!!!

Nothing happened on Thursday. All I was lead to do was read some Psalms for encouragement (Psalms 56: 3-4 and Psalm 144: 7 and 11.)

But people on Friday my God showed up for me in a wonderful way. How it came about I do not know all I know is that it has to be God only God. And I attribute it to the day I submitted to His will to Praise Him.

I can not begin to explain to you the level of joy I feel. God is taking me through something and after the first stage of manifestation on Friday I thanked and praised Him some more because I know He who began a GREAT work in me will be Faithful and more than Able to complete it.

People Watch This Space. More is about to come. Because when the Praises Go up, the Blessings come down.

This is my experience. Prayer is important but do not forget the importance of Praise as well.

Please share your experience with me and with visitors on this blog. You do not know who may need encouragement from your experience(s).

Stay Blessed and with an attitude of Praise

VirtuousKelly
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment