Wednesday 25 January 2012

Hymns I Love: All Hail the Power

My People,

Please don't get upset with me. The Lord is definitely doing a new thing in my life and in my family and in those around me and that includes YOU!!!(yes you reading)

Of late I have been spending more and more time in His presence: waiting on Him and seeking His will for my life. In this process there has been tears (lots of it) and laughter (lots of it too), confused states and also clarity. There has also been motivation and encouragement from the word. In all I am grateful for this process because in the end all the glory goes to: Yes you guessed right not any Man but to our way maker, our comforter, our bridge over troubled water, our covenant keeping God, our Banner, our shield, our defence, our lover, our friend:Yes to My God.

It's not easy to smile while your heart is heavy but have you ever wondered how you do it: you smile as a believer because you know that in ALL THINGS you are a CONQUEROR and at the end God will give you the VICTORY.

These days I prefer my hymns. They are deep. While studying today I decided to listen to this hymn: All Hail the Power. Because there is Power in the name of Jesus. So much Power (Blushing at the thought)

Brief History:

The lyrics were written by Edward Perronet while he served as a missionary in India and first appeared in the November, 1779 issue of the Gospel Magazine, which was edited by the renowned author of "Rock of Ages", Augustus Toplady.

Here are the Lyrics:


All hail the power of Jesus' name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
bring forth the royal diadem,
and crown Him Lord of all.
Bring forth the royal diadem,
and crown Him Lord of all.

Ye chosen seed of Israel's race,
ye ransomed from the Fall,
hail Him who saves you by His grace,
and crown Him Lord of all.
Hail Him who saves you by His grace,
and crown Him Lord of all.

Sinners, whose love can ne'er forget
the wormwood and the gall,
go spread your trophies at His feet,
and crown Him Lord of all.
Go spread your trophies at His feet,
and crown Him Lord of all.

Let every kindred, every tribe
on this terrestrial ball,
to Him all majesty ascribe,
and crown Him Lord of all.
To Him all majesty ascribe,
and crown Him Lord of all.

O that with yonder sacred throng
we at His feet may fall!
We'll join the everlasting song,
and crown Him Lord of all.
We'll join the everlasting song,
and crown Him Lord of all.

I love Bishop Clarence E. McClendon and the Harvest Fire Mega Mass Choir's version. They only had the first and third stanzas on the Shout Hallelujah Album. This song just takes me in. Totally.

It makes me remember/realise the magnitude of my God(Don't even know if that statement makes sense but you get my point). He is mighty, He is the King of kings; all majesty belongs to Him; He deserves all the Glory all the Honour; all the Praise; Everything.

Sometimes all that is needed to silence every situation/trouble/trial/imagination/stronghold/difficult situation is just to worship and realise that even though your problem may boast as to how big it is you are able through worship to boast back that your God is the Biggest. He is Jesus Christ.

Remain Blessed People

VirtuousKelly
xxx

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Hail_the_Power_of_Jesus'_Name

No comments:

Post a Comment