Wednesday 30 November 2011

I got it all wrong: Now to make it Right

Hello Lovely people,

Hope you have had a blessed time so far?

I am very well...Looking unto Jesus the Author and finisher of my faith.

I'm grateful for every day/time/era of my life. There are times when I ask myself 'why me' or 'is it only me'? But I'm glad because even in these situations I learn something about life.

Yesterday what came into my mind was: I feel I do so much for others, pray so much for others that I'm totally drained. This statement I made to myself got me thinking?

What is/are my reason(s) for helping others?

Is it for selfish gain? or out of pure niceness? Am I putting others first to receive earthly praise or am I just structured the way I am? This got me thinking.

Most times when I do things for people or go out of my way for people I just do it so maybe the answer is: I am just nice. However there are times when sincerely I do what I have to so as to be recognised by others as being good: hence I like the earthly praise. Sometimes I go ahead to do what I do because I have it at the back of my mind that it will be of benefit to me one way or another: this is selfish gain.

It's hard not to think the way I do (I choose not to believe that I am the only one who feels this way). While pondering on this, yesterday I was described with an adjective I have disliked all my life as it had been used around a lot while I was growing up.

As usual I turned to God and asked for revelation because I felt a bit drained. Scratch that I felt totally drained.

Job 42:10 came to me early this morning: After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.

(We all know the story of Job and how his friends had told him to curse God and die. At this point God was angry with them but asked them to bring their burnt offering sacrifices. God had said He would only accept Job's prayer and not theirs.Even with the way they had scorned him in His affliction, Job still prayed for his friends.)

Job prayed for his friends in the midst of trials and gained double. I'm sure he did not pray with the mind set of 'when I pray for them I get double'. He prayed a SELFLESS prayer.

No matter how nice you are or how much you feel you are doing for others always do it Selflessly. Do it and freely and without thinking of any extra additives.

It is hard I must tell you. You have to constantly tell yourself that whatever you do is done and can not be taken back. Take it as an investment. Some investments you benefit from some you don't benefit from.

Now that I have this armed; I am going to work/walk with it and keep it as my mantra. Just do and don't think of the gain. Now I have got it right. There is only one answer to the question I asked myself and I am glad with God's help I have answered that question.

I hope this helps someone out there who feels drained of doing a whole lot. Remember: God's strength is more than sufficient for you and I.

Remain Blessed

VirtuousKelly
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment